In this series of articles, I will show you how to setup System Center Configuration Manager 2016 (SCCM) lab on Dell PowerEdge R710 with OS Windows Server 2016.
At the end of this series, I will have fully functional System Center Configuration manager 2016 Lab on bare metal Dell PowerEdge R710 with 96 GB Ram, Intel Xeon X5670 @ 2.93 GHZ Processor. This SCCM Lab will be setup very similar to enterprise level production environment. The step by step instructions will include:
- Domain Controller Server Setup
- Active Directory
- SQL Server 2016 Server Setup
- SCCM Server Setup
- Endpoint Protection
- MDT Deployment
- Create and Deploy Adobe Reader Package via SCCM
- More Bonus will be later . So stay tuned 🙂
Let’s get started …
SCCM Lab & Demo Environment
Mode: Dell PowerEdge R710
CPU: Intel Xeon X5670 @2.93 GHx (2Processors)
Note! You can always go with lower specs if needed.
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 2016
Hypervisor: Microsoft HyperV
Windows Server Installation – Host
The minimum hardware requirements to Install Windows Server 2016 are 64-Bit processor architecture, 1.4 GHz processor speed, 2GB Memory (RAM) and 160 GB of hard disk. For SCCM Lab I will be installing Windows Server 2016 on Hardware mentioned above as a host. I will then enable Microsoft Hyper V feature and create fully functional SCCM 2016 lab in virtual environment.
Installing Windows Server as host:
Boot the machine with Windows Server 2016 boot able media.
- Select Languge, Time and Currency and Keyboard type and Click “Next”
- Click “Install Now”
- Select “Windows Server 2016 Standard Evaluation (Desktop Experience..) & Click “Next”
- Read the License Terms Check ” I accept the license terms” and click “Next”
- Since it’s brand new install. We Do not need to upgrade. Select “Custom: Install Windows Only “
- Leave Everything default and click “Next”
- The system should stall Installing Windows Server 2016. The system might reboot couple of time during the process.
- Enter Administrator Password and Click “Finish”
- Congrats . The Windows Server 2016 Installation Completed Successfully.
This should conclude Installation of Windows Server 2016 on host machine. In the next article, I will show you how to install setup Domain Controller in Virtual environment.Next Part 2: Installing Active Directory