Microsoft has declared the availability of Office 2019. Office 2019 will be rolling out in next few weeks
What is Office 2019?
Office 2019 is the stand-alone latest version of Office. It is like Office was in the days before the subscription. Just a one time purchase is required, and you can use it as long as you want to. However, the consumer version is not present yet. However, the price is announced by Microsoft. Which is $249.
It sounds okay so why not avoid a subscription fee for Office 365 and purchase a perpetual license? There are some reasons.
Microsoft Is Downplaying Office 2019
The above picture is taken from Microsoft’s Office 2019 landing page, and it starts right off with equivocating language: “For buyers who are not ready for the cloud” is partly straight talk and partly subtle dark pattern manipulation. Microsoft has designed Office 2019 as a stop gap for companies who do not want to move to a subscription-based model.
Office 365 Still Offers More Features
Let’s talk about Office365. It may seem a pain to pay another subscription fee, But believe me it’s a great deal.
For example, let take the Office365. It is available for $99 per year, And what you get in this offer is:
- Six users can install the full desktop version of Office which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook. On however many devices they want. The restriction is that each person can only use Office on one of their devices at one time.
- A full terabyte of OneDrive space is provided to each of those six users.
Frankly speaking, it is difficult to find that good deal with this much storage space.
You will get security updates, but no big feature updates. Office 365 gets updated routinely with new features.
Office 365, works with Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10, but also uses that three-version shifting scheme for Mac Operating System.
Office 2019 new features
Office 2019 offers some of the new features incorporated into Office 365 since the release of Office 2016. They are as follow:
- Improved inking in all the Office applications
- A PowerPoint Morph transition that allows you to create the appearance of movement between similar slides
- Excel Chart types are in new form.
- Focus Mode in the Word.
- A Focused Inbox in Outlook that puts your essential messages separate.
- Better integration with the newer Microsoft servers and services.
If you are having an older version of office, then there is a lot of exciting stuff for you in this version.