YouTube has cut business ties with Logan Paul amid unrelenting backlash over his recent video showing the hanging body of a dead man in what’s known as the “suicide forest” in Japan over the holidays.

YouTube, which is owned by Google, said in a statement on Wednesday, first reported by the Hollywood Reporter, that “we have decided to remove Logan Paul’s channels from Google Preferred,” referring to a program that allows companies to sell ads on the top 5% of the platform’s most popular content creators.

YouTube added that the company will also not feature Paul in the fourth season of Foursome and his new originals “are on hold.”

The video, titled “We found a dead body in the Japanese Suicide Forest…”, was posted on Dec. 31 and showed a man’s body hanging from a tree. Paul promoted the day before on Twitter, telling followers: “tomorrow’s vlog will be the craziest and most real video I’ve ever uploaded.”

Paul, not YouTube, removed the video — shot in Aokigahara, a forest located at the base of Mt. Fuji — after it received more than 6 million views one day after publishing. He also followed up with two apologies before announcing that he was going to “take time to reflect.”

YouTube initially said that the video appeared to have violated its standards and that Paul’s account had been issued a strike. (Getting three strikes for violating a YouTube policy within a three-month period will lead to a channel’s termination.)

“Our hearts go out to the family of the person featured in the video. YouTube prohibits violent or gory content posted in a shocking, sensational or…

[SOURCE]