This iPage review relies boldly on data, such as uptime, load time and customer support experience.
What is iPage?
It is an Endurance International Group brand; It was founded in the year 2010.
It has now worldwide six offices. Serving over one million websites between two data centers in the U.S.
WordPress website on their ‘Essential’ shared hosting plan is being set up. We have been doing performance tests ever since to monitor the most critical hosting characteristics like uptime and speed which are essential to web site (and business) success.
Pros of iPage
iPage is the cheapest hosting service available.
Down below is a quick rundown of the most significant advantages of iPage.
1. Inexpensive Hosting
iPage Hosting comes in at only $1.99 per month making it one of the cheap web hosts available in the marketplace.
The best thing is that this rate is not only to their long-term deals but also to their shorter, minimum one of 12 months as well.
2. Awesome Customer Support
iPage customer support is outstanding support through phone, email and live chat.
Despite the twenty-minute connection delay, their rep answered all of our questions directly with additional helpful details along the way. We were very satisfied, especially when compared across all of the other web hosts we’ve reviewed this far.
3. Embellished Security Options
All iPage Hosting plans have a SiteLock security suite, which is security frontline for your site.
SiteLock helps prevent unwanted security breaches by regularly scanning for malware issues. Depending on the plan you select, this also includes them going in and removing the malicious stuff for you.
Also, they’ll use a firewall to help prevent any potential security leaks.
4. Third Party Application Support
iPage plays well with others. Connecting simply with Google Apps, PayPal, and more.It is helpful for eCommerce websites.
5. Upfront, Inexpensive Pricing
iPage charges you the same monthly rate no matter which duration you would prefer.
It is worth noting, however, that when this low-priced promotional period ends, get ready for a huge rate hike. Without spoiling the punchline, check out Con #3 below.
6. Money Back Guarantee (30 days)
iPage Hosting says that if you contact them within 30 days of purchasing. And request a refund.They will give it to you without asking any questions.
Some other web hosts, won’t give you a refund if you use a certain amount of bandwidth or payment method that their guarantee doesn’t cover.
You will have to pay for your domain name.
7. Strong Uptime of 99.97%
Their uptime is among the highest.Which is,99.97% over the last twelve months.
- January average uptime: 99.99%
- February average uptime: 99.98%
- March average uptime: 99.96%
- April average uptime: 100%
- May average uptime: 99.87%
- June average uptime: 100%
- July average uptime: 100%
- August average uptime: 99.99%
- September average uptime: 99.87%
- October average uptime: 100%
- November average uptime: 99.96%
- December average uptime: 100%
8. iPage is an EPA Green Power Partner
iPage is an EPA Green Power Partner, which meanings that wind energy controls the centers of data and web servers that support iPage.Due to this, iPage is certified as a green site.
This is the like planting a whopping 244 acres of trees or taking 244 cars off of the road.
If you are willing to reduce your carbon footprint or work with socially conscious brands, iPage is a web host.
Drawbacks of iPage Hosting
iPage’s pricing is unbeatable. Their customer support is pretty good too!
Unfortunately, There are some drawbacks.Let’s talk about those:
1. Loading time is slow
Many factors can affect website loading times, many users have encountered that a website took too much time to load. Average load time based on a regular host is usually under two seconds.
The host offers Dynamic Site Accelerator a third-party add-on that increases site-loading speeds for an extra charge of $2.95 per month If you purchase a new hosting account. However, website owners should not have to pay extra for speeds they feel their sites should achieve without any assistance or an add-on
Last 12 month average load time
- January average speed: 955ms
- February average speed: 931ms
- March average speed: 939ms
- April average speed: 884ms
- May average speed: 936ms
- June average speed: 879ms
- July average speed: 834ms
- August average speed: 948ms
- September average speed: 893ms
- October average speed: 927ms
- November average speed: 886ms
- December average speed: 889ms
2. Expensive Renewal Costs
What happens when it’s time to renew? Unfortunately, our investigation revealed that your costs would jump on up more than $8.99.
3. Expensive Domain Names
iPage provides a new domain name with a 30-day money back guarantee for new account users
If you demand ask for your money back during that thirty-day window, they will minus a $15 fee for the domain name.
So technically, that free domain name and money back guarantee isn’t so great after all.
4. No cPanel
Almost every single web host let you use cPanel.But not iPage.
This is not ideal, as cPanel tends to be more user-friendly. And up-to-date than vDeck for more sophisticated users.
5. Not Really “Unlimited”
iPage offer unlimited hosting. But if you take an in-depth look at the company’s User Agreement, you will notice that it is not truly unlimited.
It’s only “unlimited” if you do not exceed the number of CPU resources
iPage Pricing, Hosting Plans
Here’s a quick overview of the hosting plans offered by iPage:
Shared Hosting: iPage currently only offers one shared hosting plan named the ‘Essential Plan.’ This plan charges $1.99 per month for first sign up and can cost up to $11.95 per month when it is a renewal time of hosting.
Their shared hosting plan has unlimited storage, bandwidth, domain names and MySQL databases. It also has several integrations, applications and site builders for example Wix.
Word Press Hosting Plans:
They have two primary WordPress hosting plans: WpStarter and Wp Essential
- Domain: Free
- Sign up process: very easy sign up process
- Procedures for payments: Credit card and pay pal
- Clauses: Refunds only issued to Credit Cards, and they cost a $35 fee for early cancellation. Customers cannot use ‘excessive’ amount of CPU resources.
- Upsells: Lots of upsells.
- Account Activation: Fast activation.
- Control Panel and Dashboard Experience: Easy-to-use.
- Installation of Apps and CMSs: Easy installation of popular applications and CMSs via their control panel.
Do we recommend iPage?
Low prices and the availability of Live Chat Support make iPage amongst appealing web hosting services around.
What’s good about iPage Hosting?
- Good uptime – 99.97%
- Affordable hosting
- Great customer support
- Top-notch security options
- Supports third-party applications
- Pricing is good, upfront, and cheap
- 30-day money back guarantee
- iPage is a green web host
What’s bad about iPage Hosting?
- Poor page loading speeds
- Costly renewals
- Pricey domain names
- No cPanel
See Also: INMOTION HOSTING REVIEW