Reinstall or wipe partition?

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mussi
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Reinstall or wipe partition?

Post by mussi » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:24 pm

After the Windows 8.1 update, I attempted to upgrade my system. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough storage left to improve, so i bought a new SSD.

My current setup is one 60gb SSD and a 1TB HDD. The SSD is split into two partitions; one is 35 gig, the other is 20. The 35 gig partition currently holds my windows seven installation, while the 20 gig holds windows 8. When the new SSD comes in, i want to use it for the windows seven setup and free up the entire 60 gig for windows 8

So, my questions are:

1) Will I need to reinstall or is there a way i can reallocate the space from the 35gb partition to the smaller partition?
2) If i end up needing to reinstall, will i have trouble using the key from my current installation on the fresh install? It's been activated.

Raza
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Reinstall or wipe partition?

Post by Raza » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:00 pm

wiping partition is a better way to protect your PC.