After I updated my laptop to Windows 10, my laptop battery stopped charging. My laptop showed it was plugged in, but it would tell me that my laptop was not charging at that time.
Finally, I founded that this issue was not uncommon and it could occasionally arise after a Windows update. There was a very easy way to fix it.
Here it is:
Laptop Plugged in, but it is not charging
If your laptop is not charging the battery even though it is plugged in, here’s what you need to fix this problem:
- Go to the Device Manager by searching for it or right-clicking the Start button and select Device Manager.
- Hit Batteries on the list to expand it there you will see two items: Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.
- Right tab on each item and select Uninstall device.
- Turn off your laptop.
- Unplug the power cable from your laptop.
- Take off the removable battery
- Put the battery back in after you removed it.
- Plug in your laptop.
- Power on your laptop.
- Hit the battery icon in the system tray and you will see that your laptop is plugged in and charging.