In my previous post, I showed how to install active directory and DHCP. In this post I will show you how to Configure DHCP for Microsoft SCCM home Lab.
For Step 1: Installing Windows Server 2016
For Step 2: Active Directory Setup
Lets get started …
Configure DHCP :
- Login to your “DC01” and launch Server Manager Dashboard. Click on info Flag and select “Complete DHCP Configuration”.
- Click ” Next”
- Leave “Use the Following User’s credentials” checked. The User Name for you will be different that mine. The system should populate User name. (Leave everything default) and click ” Commit”
- Click “Close”. DHCP Setup is complete. In next step I will setup Scope.
- Click on “Tools” Top right Menu on Server manager Dashboard and Select “DHCP”
What is IPv4 Scope?
A Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) scope is the consecutive range of possible IP addresses that the DHCP server can lease to clients on a subnet. Scopes typically define a single physical subnet on your network to which DHCP services are offered.
- Select the machine name (In my case its DC01.mycomputerlessons.com). Right click on IPv4 and select “New Scope”
- Click “Next”
- Enter Name and Description of Name IPv4 Scope and Click “Next”
- Enter Start IP Address, End IP Address, Subnet Mask and Click “Next”.
Note! IP Address Range is the pool of IP Addresses that DHCP server will use to automatically assign the IP address to newly connected machine to the network.
- You can add any exclusion IP Addresses in this section if you desire to do so. I’m going to leave everything empty and click “Next”
- Enter the Lease time duration and Click “Next”.
- Check “Yes, I want to configure these options now” and click “Next”.
- Enter Router (Defaulter Gateway) IP address and click “Next”. This IP address is your route out.
- Enter Domain Server Name, Click Resolve. It should populate the IP address of DC01 automatically. Click “Add” to add the IP Address and then Click “Next”.
- Wins Server are out of scope for this post. Leave everything empty and click “Next”.
- Check “Yes I want to activate this scope Now” and Click “Next”
- Click “Finish”
This concludes the configuration of DHCP Server and IPv4 Scope.
If you want to see the Stats of the scope right click on the scope and select “Display Statistics…”
This conclude the Configure DHCP post. In my next post, I will show you how to setup Microsoft SQL Server 2016 for System Center Configuration(SCCM) lab. Please feel free to leave your questions or comments below.